Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Don't toss this candle salad

This is one of those posts that's going to make my mother call me clucking her tongue and muttering about my not being appropriate.  And all I'm going to say is, TAKE IT UP WITH BETTY.

I was watching an episode of "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen, who in an interview with Amy Sedaris mentioned the Candle Salad.  If you're a thousand years old you might remember this, because the recipe appeared in Betty Crocker's Cookbook for boys and girls, published in 1957.  Oh yeah, it's a real salad. 

Original recipe
Modern interpretation
Remember, kids. It's better than a real candle, because you can eat it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god this is hilarious. I wish I would've caught the interview too.

Post more often! ;)

Julie said...

That is funny stuff! I bet you could do a whole hilarious series on recipes from that old cookbook.